To all our Challenge families, volunteers and supporters,
We are missing being able to chat with you, meet with you and provide you with support. Our organisation is built around our members and it breaks our heart that we cannot deliver our daily programs and services to you.
We want you to know that we are thinking of you every day in this uncertain time as we all adjust to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The reality is that while the world is in lockdown, children’s cancer is not. We are currently in the process of innovating new services, which would allow us to support you remotely until we can safely reopen.
In the meantime, here is a list of online services and apps you can use, which range from educational platforms to recreational ones.
- Podcasts – discover and listen to some of the world’s best podcasts (feel free to suggest any in the comments)
- Houseparty – a great way to stay in touch with your friends while in isolation
- Headspace – an app to help people stress less, focus more and sleep better
- Nike Training Club – the perfect chance to get moving and stay active
- Luminosity – train your brain with games, which help to improve your memory, attention, processing and problem solving
- BorrowBox – a library of eBooks and audiobooks in one single app
- Zoom Cloud Meetings – a platform for video and audio conferencing, which is great for online work and study
- http://cosmicshambles.com/stayathome – live comedy shows you can watch from home
- https://stories.audible.com/start-listen – a great range of audiobooks to help pass the time at home
- https://www.khanacademy.org/ – a platform for students with a massive range of learning resources
- https://ed.ted.com/ – short online video lessons aimed at educators and students
- https://socrative.com/ – a great tool to help make learning easier and effective
- https://kahoot.com/ – a game-based learning platform, which kids tend to love
- YouTube – an obvious one, but you can find a variety of enjoyable videos to watch and while away the time
For information about COVID-19 for people with cancer, this is a useful resource provided by the Australian Government: https://canceraustralia.gov.au/about-us/news/information-people-cancer-about-covid-19.
Please stay safe and take care of each other during this trying time. Stay tuned as we will keep you posted with any additional information.
If you would like to contact me directly, please email email@example.com or call 0419 543 643.
David Rogers, Challenge CEO