Life in the hospital is certainly no easy task and can often feel quite lonely. Challenge tries to make life a little brighter for families in hospital through our Hospital Support Program.
We support families in hospital by providing:
- A dedicated staff member visiting patients and their families on the ward each day
- Daily delivery of The Herald Sun newspaper
- Access to technology such as iPads, internet, video games, DVD players as well as an extensive DVD library
- Art and craft activities, cooking and bedside games
- Parent activities such as weekly morning teas, monthly dinners and a weekly parent walking group
- Hairdressing services
- Celebrity visits
- Tailored social activities for teenagers in hospital
*Please note: some of these services vary at different hospitals
“Having Challenge visit us on the ward when we were staying in hospital was truly a blessing. Whether it was a celebrity visit or a game of Monopoly, Challenge made it that much easier.”
– Andrea, Challenge Mum
If you have any questions or would like some assistance during your child’s hospital stay, please do not hesitate to contact us by clicking here.