Life in hospital can be tough; spending days or weeks in the one room is hard on anyone, let alone a child. Challenge tries to make life a little brighter through our Hospital Support Program, which includes:
– A dedicated staff member visiting patients and their families on the ward each day
– Daily delivery of The Herald Sun newspaper
– Access to technology such as iPads, internet, video games, DVD players and an extensive DVD library available to borrow from at any time
– Art and craft activities, cooking and bedside games
– Parent activities such as monthly dinners, morning teas and a weekly parent walking group
– Hairdressing services
– Celebrity visits
– Teenage and social activities (T-Party).
** Please note that these services vary at different hospitals.
If you have any questions or would like some assistance during your child’s hospital stay, please don’t hesitate to contact the office on (03) 9329 8474.