Jarrod’s Gift is our ambassador Jarrod Lyle’s legacy to Challenge. Having been diagnosed with cancer three times throughout his life, Jarrod knew firsthand the hardship that young people and their families face when battling this disease.
Throughout his adult lifetime, Jarrod was committed to making a difference to children and families living with cancer. In his role as an ambassador for Challenge, Jarrod was passionate about supporting other children who faced an experience similar to his own. He had a special ability to engage and connect with many people.
Through his own experience, Jarrod was able to identify practical assistance and support that could make a difference and it is the goal of Jarrod’s Gift to continue providing this support in Jarrod’s name.
You can help us continue Jarrod’s Gift by either:
- Registering your Golf Club to be a part of our #DoingItForJarrod campaign
- By making a donation in honour of Jarrod Lyle
One of Jarrod’s Gift major fundraisers is #DoingItForJarrod – an annual campaign which sees golf clubs around Australia go yellow in honour of Jarrod and to help continue his important work of supporting children and families living with cancer. To date, money raised through our #DoingItForJarrod campaign in 2019 and 2020 has been used to assist Challenge families in the following ways:
- Home Help – with assistance from a professional cleaning service, we provide six hours of in-home cleaning to each family living with the stressful circumstances of having a child with cancer.
- Food and supermarket vouchers for families who have joined Challenge since January 2020.
- Financial and practical assistance throughout the COVID-impacted Christmas period.
- Working closely with Mark Knight to create a collection of illustrated books, which will be used as an educational resource for new and existing families and the support communities around them.
With your ongoing support, we will continue to honour Jarrod’s legacy and expand on the amazing work he has already done for children and families living with cancer.
If you would like to know more about Jarrod’s life, you can purchase ‘My Story’ – his autobiography released in August 2019.