With the support of the PGA of Australia and Golf Australia, the #DoingItForJarrod fundraising campaign is back in 2020 with events to take place during October and November, culminating again in Yellow Day festivities on Friday 19 February at the Australian PGA Championship.
Every golf club around Australia is officially invited to join this collaborative campaign and help raise funds for Challenge – a not-for-profit, which supports kids and families living with cancer. The funds raised will specifically go towards Jarrod’s Gift – the legacy created by Challenge in honour of their dear ambassador, Jarrod Lyle.
To get involved, simply allocate one members’ day in October or November to become your club’s #DoingItForJarrod day, and collect a gold coin from every player.
Every golf club that registers will receive a special pack that includes:
- An A3 poster to help advertise your event date
- A yellow #DoingItForJarrod pin flag (this year with #2 included in the design)
- A black Titleist cap with yellow embroidery for the organiser
- A Titleist prize pack with a sleeve of yellow Titleist golf balls and a black Titleist towel OR Titleist valuables pouch
- Five special Yellow Tickets that allow the bearer to attend any one day of the 2021 Australian PGA Championship
Every club will also go in the major prize draw to win one of three all-expenses-paid experiences to Brisbane to play in the Australian PGA Championship Pro-Am at Royal Queensland Golf Club, and the name of each club will be included on the PGA of Australia’s #DoingItForJarrod honour board.
- All clubs who register for #DoingItForJarrod in 2020 will be entered into our Major Prize Draw.
- The Major Prize draw for 2020 will be postponed until 16 February 2021 and will include all clubs who held an event between August 2020 and January 2021 inclusive.
- The major prize includes return economy class airfares to Brisbane from an Australian capital city, a standard twin share room, airport transfers to and from the accommodation, general admission access to the golf, and an amateur playing spot in the 2021 Australian PGA Championship Pro-Am to be held at Royal Queensland Golf Club to be held in late November/early December.
- Any food, beverages or other expenses outside that included in the Pro-Am is at the expense of the guest.
- The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
PLEASE NOTE: The prize may change depending on current COVID-19 restrictions.