In 2019, the inaugural #DoingItForJarrod campaign was launched in honour of our dear friend and ambassador, Jarrod Lyle, who sadly passed away in August 2018.
Challenge, the PGA of Australia and Golf Australia united to create an annual fundraising campaign that could be enjoyed by the entire golf community. Each year, #DoingItForJarrod culminates in a special Yellow Day at the Australian PGA Championship.
Jarrod was an ambassador for Challenge and #DoingItForJarrod continues Jarrod’s legacy of helping Challenge provide practical support throughout a child’s cancer journey.
Now in its third year, the 2021 #DoingItForJarrod campaign will be held throughout the months of August, September and October and holds added significance as this year would have been Jarrod’s 40th birthday. We are encouraging all clubs to mark 21 August on their calendar as either their official #DoingItForJarrod day or simply as a special day to celebrate the life and legacy of our good friend.
Every golf club around Australia is officially invited to join this collaborative campaign and help raise funds for Challenge. The funds raised will specifically go towards Jarrod’s Gift – the legacy created by Challenge in honour of Jarrod.
Getting involved is simple:
- CHOOSE an existing members’ day to become the club’s #DoingItForJarrod day,
- COMPLETE an online registration form,
- COLLECT a gold coin from every player who participates.
Some clubs like to add their own creative touch to their event, organising raffles and other activities on the day, with the goal of raising much-needed funds for Challenge and the families they support.
All registered clubs #DoingItForJarrod will receive a yellow #DoingItForJarrod pin flag (detailed with #3 in its design) as well as a range of unique Titleist prizes as giveaways. At the conclusion of the campaign, all clubs will also be entered into our Major Prize draw, with three lucky winners receiving the ultimate Australian PGA Championship VIP Experience.
The exclusive prize will include:
- A MASTERCLASS lesson on Wednesday 12 January with a tour professional competing in the Australian PGA Championship;
- ATTENDANCE at the first round of the 2021 Australian PGA Championship on 13-16 January 2022 in the PREMIUM hospitality suite, the Kirkwood Club, located on the 18th green;
- One night’s ACCOMMODATION in Brisbane;
- Return economy AIRFARES from your nearest capital city.
The Major Prize Draw will take place on Monday, 15 November and will include all registered golf clubs.
If you aren’t yet registered, follow the link below to register your golf club today.